TEMPO.CO, Jakarta – The humanitarian organization MER-C president, Sarbini Abdul Murad, confirmed that three Indonesian citizens volunteering at the Indonesian Hospital in Gaza are safe and in good health following the Israeli attack on the hospital.
“We have not been able to communicate with our friends there until today,” Sarbini said at the MER-C press conference in Jakarta, on Monday, Nov. 21.
“But according to our informants there, the three MER-C volunteers, inshallah (if Allah wills it), are in good health. Several photos have been sent to us…and they are now in the Indonesian hospital,” he added.
According to him, at least 700 injured people are being treated and about 5,000 people are sheltering at the hospital, most of them women and children.
“So there is no strong reason for Israel to attack the Indonesian hospital given the presence of patients,” he stressed.
The Gaza Health Ministry stated that at least 12 civilians were killed and several others injured as a result of the Israeli rocket attack on the Indonesian Hospital on Monday, as Anadolu reported.
Earlier on Monday, Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi said the ministry had lost contact with the three Indonesian volunteers.
She also said that Indonesia condemned the attack and called on all countries, particularly those with close relations with Israel, to use their influence and power to urge Israel to stop its atrocities.
Minister Retno Marsudi said that Indonesia and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) countries would continue to seek the support of the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza and the unimpeded delivery of humanitarian aid.
Editor’s Choice: Indonesia Condemns Israeli Attack on Indonesian Hospital in Gaza
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News